Monday, January 21, 2013

Few apps you should check out

Hey there


I recently found these cool android apps and I think I should share them with you. Most of them are for studying Japanese.


Obenkyo

This app is probably the best one out there for learning Japanese. I use it every day to review all my Kanji and to become more fluent in reading. You can just browse through all the symbols, learn the correct stroke order and even take tests on the stuff you've learned. It's really easy to use and once you've memorized all the Katakana and Hiragana you can start off with the Kanji list which features about 3000 symbols with all readings, meanings, stroke order and examples of common usage.

It has a nice list of vocabulary and two experimental features for studying particles like ''ga" and "to" and for learning and understanding grammer using Tae Kim's Guide to Learning Japanese.

If you want to study Japanese not only at home but pretty much everywhere you go, go and get this app! It's free and all the content is for offline usage.


Survive! Japanese

Another cool app for learning Japanese. You start off in this text adventure at Tokyo airport and have to complete tasks like returning a lost notebook whilst learning basic Japanese. I only tried the lite version but I'm thinking about getting the full one, because I really liked it so far. The lite version is of course for free so you should defenitly check it out.


Japanese Flashcards

A nice bunch of flashcards for easy learning with different modes like memory, quiz or slideshow mode. Haven't used this a lot yet but it seems to be pretty handy.


Japanese Word of the Day

Put this widget on your homescreen to get a new word every day with Hiragana/Katakana, Kanji and english translation.


Eva Clock HD

It's a Neon Genesis Evangelion clock widget and it looks AWESOME!


Mango

 Easy to use app for reading manga online, with a huge list of manga, favourite and offline option.


Mirai Clock 3

Another anime clock app by Danny Choo(Culure Japan). It does nothing special except beeing very well made and super cute. I never get bored of it.
Downloaded it from his site(link above) so I'm not sure if you can find this in Play Store.
Also check out Danny's YouTube channel tokyostormtrooper


That's it for this list. I found all the apps(except MC3) for free in Play Store and I believe you can get most of them for iOS too.
I'll post more if I find some other cool apps, so visit this blog every once in a while. ;)


Peace
  Ontaru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews