Thursday, January 24, 2013

CLANNAD

Hey there

At first I wanted to do a nice review here but then I decided that that's not neccesary at all so
today I'm just gonna talk about my favourite anime of all time - Clannad(and ~Afterstory~)
I'm sure that the mass of all the otakus out there know and love Clannad and I think I can easily list six reasons why YOU should watch it:

  1. The story is a perfect mix of drama, romance humor and fantasy. It's a story about how friends and family influence our life and how strongly past and future are connected.
  2. The art and animations are flawless and high quality.
  3. The soundtrack ranges from awesome and pure epic to tear-jerking and heartwarming.
  4. There is not a single character you can dislike. Everybody (even the tiniest supporting role) plays an important part and is needed to lead the story to its true ending. This is even more obvious in the visual novel.
  5. You can watch it three times in a row and you will still love it and tear up at sad points.
  6. It has the most beautiful and satisfying happy end I have ever seen.

Clannad  ~Afterstory~ also features my favourite episode of all the hundreds of anime I've seen. "Small Palms" is a worthy end for an awesome anime(I'm not counting the extras here).
Here's the final scene. DON'T watch this if you haven't seen it before!



So now that I've cried my eyes out once more I will also mention the movie.
I've talked about this before with some people and it seems that many fans don't like the movie. I have to admit that I also wasn't very font of it the first two or three times I watched it, but the more often I saw it, the more I began to like it. I still hate the Sunohara in the movie though.

So here's my advice for today:
Start watching Clannad NOW! Even if you've just watched it recently - DO IT!


This defenitly won't be the last time I'll talk about Clannad so be prepaired.
Peace
  Ontaru



PS: You should check out the visual novel if you can get ahold of a copy. I will not advertise internet piracy here so email me if you need help finding a download.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews